Shylero: Dust Fall
The Valian are a varied and prolific race. Originally hailing from Darkvale deep within the Arunian Jungles. Since the Cataclysm many have left Darkvale in search of their own paths. They cover Shylero and all aspects of life. The Valian are lithe and slender. Their skin ranges from a medium grey to dark black. The more pure the Valian blood the whiter their hair. Though, their hair can be blonde, or even light brown.
- Ability Score: Dex +2
- Age: Adulthood 50 years. Most live about 500 years.
- Alignment: Chaotic. The nature of the Valian is one of selfishness. It is accepted among the Valian that the self must always come first.
- Size: 5 feet to over 6. They tend to be slender
- Speed: 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Most Valian are born in the Shadow of Darkvale. You can see in dim light within 60ft as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can not discern color in darkness, only shades of grey.
- Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in the Perception Skill
- Shadow Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, or would put you to sleep.
- Trance: Valians don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious for 4 hours a day. While in your Trance you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that become reflexive through years of practice. After resting this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does after 8 hours of sleep.
- Languages: You can speak, read, write, Common and Valian.
These Valian call the Darkvale their home. An eternal twilight caused by the Shadow Tower deep within the Jungles of Arunia empower the Tower Valians. Their upbringing near the Shadow Tower allows them to call upon low levels of magic, even when far away from Darkvale. They are mostly conservative, extremely confident, and untrusting of outsiders. Their heritage tends to be the most pure, making them the Darkest skinned, and whitest haired of all the Valians. Their society is as dark as the jungle around them. While open displays of aggression are punished harshly, covert actions, and stealth are extremely common place.
- Ability Score: Charisma +1
- Superior Darkvision:Your darkvision has a radius of 120 feet.
- Sunlight Sensitivity: Your have Disadvantage on attack rolls, and on Wisdom (perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
- Valian Magic: You know the Dancing Lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the faerie fire spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Valian Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the Longsword, Shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
The Half-blooded are children from Human and Valian relationships. They tend to have more color to their skin, and hair. While they also share the confidence that the Tower Valians have the Half-Bloods tend to be more open and trusting, though their selfish nature still shows itself to a lesser degree. Due to a genetic problem caused by their parentage all Half-Bloods are infertile. This tends to cause most Half-Bloods to become extremely adventurous.
- Ability Score: Wisdom +1
- Adventurous Life: You have proficiency with Rapiers, Short Swords, and Hand Crossbows.
- Fleet Footed: Your base walking speed is 35.
- Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
The Scattered are pure-bloods who have left Darkvale, or whose parentage have left Darkvale. They take after Tower Valians in that they are extremely confident, and have some innate magical abilities. Though, to a lesser degree because of their distance from the Shadow Tower itself. The Scattered tend to gravitate to Academia, or merchant professions. as they are the places where their cunning nature best fits, though the Scattered can be found all over Shylero.
- Ability Score: Intelligence +1
- Valian Weapon Training: Proficiency with Longsword, Longbow, Short sword, and Short Bow.
- Cantrip: You know one cantrip of your choice from the Wizard Spell List. INT is the spellcasting ability for this cantrip.
- Extra Language: You can speak, read, and write one extra language of your choice.